PERMISSIONS: To view the blog, post on it, and comment on posts, you must be invited. I will send you an email invitation to join the blog, and then you must follow the instructions to join up and begin posting. You can't join the blog without first creating a Google account.

POSTING: Post your poems by clicking "New Post" at the top right of the page. Paste your poem into the window.

LABELING: Then label the post with the assignment name (i.e., "confessional poem," "sonnet," etc.), your name (i.e., "Tony Barnstone," etc.), and the week (i.e., "week one," "week two," but not "week 1"--spell out your numbers). If you post a poem in week two that is due in week three, label it "week three." When you begin to type in a label, the program will fill it in for you, so your post will be labeled with the rest of the poems in the same category.

COMMENTING: Afterwards, you can "comment" on the posts of your classmates. Post "group one" and "group two" one-page critical responses as "comments" on the posted poems, but also print out copies for me and for the poet and give them to us in class.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Green Goddess

I feel nothing,

Numbness.

Taking over my body.

Oxy flowing through my blood,

Touch is absent

A non-existent memory.

Comfort from the rain,

Acid raindrops

Hit my pale face;

You run for cover.

I face the rain,

Melting my skin away.

The blood runs down my nose,

I hint a metal taste and

Cough a white cloud of chemicals,

A wasted breath.

The black ash

Collects on hands,

Beneath the foil.

A picture of me,

One year ago,

I look good.

Picture now,

Shoe next to face,

Profile picture,

Any angle captures the destruction.

Dark circles,

Targets for my depression.

People stare and wonder.

I know the answer,

They probably can guess.

Never will I be the same,

Scared for time,

from time,

Forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment